Monday, February 3, 2014

Find Your Deepest Desires in Christ

"I remember saying one summer, 'What I really need is a trip to the ocean.' So I went to the beach, but the ocean seemed to say, 'It is not in me!' The ocean did not do for me what I thought it would. Then I said, 'Perhaps the mountains will provide the rest I need.' I went to the mountains, and when I awoke the first morning, I gazed at the magnificent mountain I had so longed to see. But the sight did not satisfy, and the mountain said, 'It is not in me!'..."

For so many years I searched with no results for my identity in worldly things- in dance, in being social, in the opposite sex, in popularity. None of it was cutting it, though, and I ultimately felt even more empty and alone than I did before. I went to such great lengths to "find myself," when all along my identity was hidden deep in Christ who was right beside me all along. It took nearly hitting rock bottom for me to realize it, but when I did, the world became beautifully sweet.

..."What I really needed all along was the deep ocean of God's love, and the high mountains of His truth within me. His wisdom has depths and heights that neither the ocean nor the mountains could contain and that could not be compared with jewels, gold, or precious stones. Christ is wisdom and He is our deepest need. Our inner restlessness can only be pacified by the revelation of His eternal friendship and love for us." -Margaret Bottome

What has prevented you from finding your deepest desires in Christ and in Christ alone?  

Humbly yours, 

S

No comments:

Post a Comment