Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The King is Enthralled by You.

'The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor Him, for He is your Lord." -Psalm 45:11

How easy it is to get worked up about the little things in life! I've had a frustrating couple of days, and it is reassuring to know that I can go home to my Bible and meditate on scripture like the verse above. 

Two days in a row I had irritating days at work (I work as a server at a nice upscale restaurant). In one day, two tables in a row sat down in the same booth, ordered drinks (which I served to them), looked at the menu, then proceeded to walk out on me because they didn't see anything that they wanted. Following that, I forgot to place an order for an appetizer for one table, and another table complained about their food, which my manager ended up giving them their lunch for free. Of course this all happened at the busiest part of the day. I just felt so discouraged. To add to this work fiasco, other parts of my life were adding stressors on top of that. I tend to take things really personally, so I could just not be at peace.

Since about middle school, I have struggled with self worth. I am never pretty enough, athletic enough, smart enough, funny enough, good enough. I am never adequate enough. Things can be going great, then suddenly one day eight different things go wrong and it just tears me apart. This verse, Psalm 45:11, popped into my head shortly after everything became chaos. "The king is enthralled by my beauty."Enthralled. Aka that by which someone is absorbed, captivated, charmed, enchanted, or engaged. And not only is it my beauty that He is enthralled by. He is enthralled by my charm, my wit, my humor, my effort, my love, my work. He is enthralled by every part of me. He created me just as I am, and I am a work of art, His masterpiece. Therefore, we must honor Him through everything, even if that means through trials also. 

The next verse that came to mind was Psalm 37:3-4 which reads, 
"Trust in the Lord and do good. Dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." 

When we trust in the Lord, when we enjoy His safe pastures, when we delight in Him, He will give us our heart's desires. Even when it seems as though the world is crashing down around us; when it feels like it's impossible to put on a happy face and carry on, this verse says otherwise. We must continue to do good. We must continue to show His love to others and trust in Him. When we can stop for a minute to take a deep breath in, relax in His safe pastures, and enjoy the good things He has done, then we will feel fulfilled and then he will give us what we need. We must trust in Him. Sometimes the easiest command is the hardest to carry out. 

"Keep Calm and Carry On" -God  

With Love,

S


No comments:

Post a Comment